When you open an image in Invalid JPEG Marker Type error in Photoshop, one of the following errors occurs:
- Could not complete your request because it is not a valid Photoshop document.
- Could not complete your request because an unknown or invalid JPEG marker type is found.
- Could not complete your request because the file-format module cannot parse the file.
- This is not a valid Portable Document File (PDF) document. It cannot be opened.
- Could not complete your request because an invalid SOS, DHT, or EOI, JPEG marker is found before JPEG SOI Marker.
Perfect Solutions for invalid jpeg marker type
Below is some workaround which you can follow to solve “An unknown or invalid jpeg marker type is found” error.
• Change the File Extension:
There is a likelihood that the extension of the JPEG images has been changed; therefore, the screen displays the error message. Ensure that the file extension matches the actual file type; else, the file will be unusable. The reason being, every time you access the file, Windows will run the same error since no file exists with that extension.
Follow the steps listed below
- Go to Start menu and select Control Panel < Appearance & Personalization
- Select File Explore Options and then Show Hidden files & folders tab
- Under the View tab, deselect the checkbox next to “Hide extensions for known file types”
- Click OK and then open the JPEG files again
If it doesn’t work for you then you can do apply the following solution to make your image files work in Photoshop CC. Please follow the steps mentioned below:
- Right-click on the image and open in MS-Paint
- Now Save As .png , jpeg, or bmp
- Click to save or save as new image with the new file format.
- Now, Open image in Photoshop it will work for you!
Those are the steps tried and tested. Hopefully it will work for you as well. If you have been facing issues with you current Photoshop.
You are now aware of the Photoshop techniques that will act as a counter when you’re unable to open the JPG files and run the same error; and if all else fails then leverage the safe and reliable option to use MS-Paint image editor. It is capable of addressing the issues irrespective of the level of complexity and one can save the JPG files in multiple new formats that easily processed in Photoshop. Its intuitive interface is what makes it a more viable option.