I have recently updated Windows 10 Creators Update on Laptop. But after the update, I was working in Photoshop CC 2018 as usual I do on daily basis. When I’m trying to save a file or update any changes its keep popping up error message “Could not complete the Save As command because there is not enough memory (RAM)” I have habit to use updated software but Photoshop has become suddenly unusable. Almost each picture and other design work are not saving files and gives me an error message “Out of memory (RAM)” even I have closed all the tabs and applications to fix this issue.
After reading couple of post that were similar to this issue and people suggested as follows:
Go to edit menu->Preference->Performance
And then increase the memory by 1504 or 100% by moving the sliders below the box and press OK, Still no luck. I tried clear cache and stop other applications. But unfortunately that solution is not useful and I don’t want to lose that files which I was working with. When I tried to go to->Preference->Performance and I have next message popping.
“An integer between 96 and 8 is required. Closest value inserted.” ERROR”
Again I have found couple of post and did exactly as it is mentioned.
Steps for Modify Registry
- Press the Windows and “R” key simultaneously to bring up the run window.
- Type Regedit and Press enter.
- Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Photoshop\120.0
- Right click on 110.0, 120 and Create a new DWORD.
- Rename the DWORD value to “OverridePhysicalMemoryMB“.
- Right click on it and select modify.
- Change the base value from “hexadecimal” to “decimal”.
- Change the value data from “0” to “24000”.
Note: Take a backup of the registry, prior to making any changes.
I hope this solution will be helpful for you.