Think about your website is running slow even on 4G network. Then you don’t have a problem with Internet. You need to improve your page load speed using website speed optimization. Is it matter for you?
A one second delay in page loading capitulate to:
- 11 % Reduction in page views
- 20% lessen in customer satisfaction
- 10% Loss in conversion
Amazon, eBay, and Walmart have found this to be true, reporting increased revenue of 1% for every milliseconds to their site speed score. Apart from this Walmart and eBay increasing 3% conversion in every one second. It is not restricted to only those e-commerce websites. A research of Akamai
- 60% of people expect that website should be loaded with in 2 seconds or less.
- 35% people leave the page if it takes more than 3-4 seconds,
- 53% online shoppers says quick page loads are important for their loyalty because they have to do transactions as well after shopping, so if the website is taking more time then there might be the chances increase of online fraud.
But average speed score of website is increased by 22 seconds by this year. Now it takes 6-7 seconds to load small well structured website followed by the standards of coding and design. Clearly speed up your website is very hard. it depends upon the technology you are using for website. Facebook usability and user experience is 99/100 because Facebook always working to improve user experience and design. Facebook is the social media platform which is easy to use for everyone.
Thing You Can Do To Speed Up Your Website
1. Minimise http Requests
According to Yahoo, 80 % of web pages takes time to downloading website pages and elements which includes, style-sheet images, scripts, flash and other content from the website. To download each elements send http request which may down the speed of server.There is a way to clutter all those things and improve website speed.
- Streamline the number of element in website.
- Use CSS properties instead of images when possible
- Make combined stylesheet
- Reduce scripts in your web page and put all those scripts in bottom of you page.
2. Decrease Server Requests
The targeted server response time couldn’t be more than 200 milliseconds. Here is the resource to resolve the issue:
- Yslow– To evaluate site speed and improve speed score.
- Google Pagespeed Tools – To automate the process and learn more about page speed.
3. Enable Compressor
Compressor is always reduce the time of loading bulk pages in website which may spent more time to download. The best way to speed up their time is to zip them that is called compression.
Compression reduce the bandwidth of your page and reduce http response you can do this with the tools is called Gzip. 90% of user travelled on internet through web browser that supports Gzip it is great option to speed your website. Use to following tools to enable compression:
- Apache: Use mod_deflate
- Nginx: Use HttpGzipModule
- IIS: Configure HTTP Compression
4. Enable Browser Caching
User hate waiting as they get irritated with buffering videos and pop ups together with slow images. It is bad user experience. Caching is they great way to save time space by storing results for temporary. Once the pages has been stored in user’s cache, only few components need to be download for subsequent visits. Everyday thousand of visitors come to your website it is very difficult to make page fast for every new user. So, you also need to store cache to improve load time of your web page.
5. CSS Minify
WYSIWYG resources make easy to build a web page but sometimes it creates messy code that can slow your website. Every extra code is taking space, so ensure that you eliminate all the spaces between codes. Here is the Google recommendation:
- You can use PageSpeed Insight Chrome Extension to generate an optimised version of your HTML Code. You can do that by following ‘HTML Minify’ rule.
- Minify CSS and JS use YUI Compressor and cssmin.js
6. Image Optimisation
Extra large size images take long time, so you need to compress you image, size, and src attribute.
You can use Image Editing Tools to crop, resize or low level colouring of your image and change format like JPEG, PNG, GIF only used for small graphics and animated images.
7. CSS Optimisation
CSS is hold the style requirement of your website. Generally it is used in two ways one is inline which is embedded in HTML Code and external which consist of all styles of website.
External Css loaded in to the head section of your page which is look like.
<link rel=”stylesheet” type=”text/css” media=”all” href=http://mywebsit/style.css />
8. Reduce Redirects
Avoid multiple http request on your website it increase the load time of web page. If you have responsive website you may need to redirect your user to send mobile site.
You can use HTTP redirect to send mobile users agents directly to mobile friendly website without sending additional request.